Bahá'u'lláh, the prophet-founder of the Bahá'í Faith, taught that there is only one God whose successive revelations have guided the progress of humanity. The Divine Messengers of God have been sent during key moments in history to manifest the word of God for the common purpose of bringing the human race to spiritual and moral maturity. These religions undergo successive cycles of renewal with a new Manifestation of God bringing the same spiritual message to humanity. According to Bahá'í beliefs, the Divine Messenger for this day and age is Bahá'u'lláh.
The Bahá'í Faith promotes the following core principles to achieve unity of humanity into a peaceful, global society:
- Abandonment of all forms of prejudice
- Assurance to women of full equality of opportunity with men
- Recognition of the unity and relativity of religious truth
- Elimination of extremes of poverty and wealth
- Realization of universal education
- The responsibility of each person to independently search for truth
- The establishment of a global commonwealth of nations
- Recognition that true religion is in harmony with reason and the pursuit of scientific knowledge
- Service to humanity
To learn more about the Bahá'í Faith, visit http://www.bahai.us/ or email us via the "Contact Us" tab.